App struggles after update while mirroring

Hello everyone, its been a while since the last time i used VR Sketch and the device, i have a META QUEST 2, tha last time i used it (march) everything was fine.

As a fact, i have two devices, on one i noticed that after i updated the system, only while i am mirroring (chromecast) with quite good conection, VR sketch starts to tilt, not the image mirrored to the tv, but the image onto the device, gets tilt and slow.

Surprisingly, on the other device, not updated, worked perfectly, i proceeded to update it, and the same problem appeared on the device. I guess is some kind of bug with the software and the newst updatge, is there anything i can do? i need to use it with some clients and i cannot afford these glitches :_

Hi,

I’m not sure what you mean by “updated the system” in this case. Did the problem happen after you manually ran an update of the Quest device itself? Or are you talking about updating the version of VR Sketch only?

Additionally, what do you mean by “tilt”? I guess you mean not satisfying in some way, but it might help to know more details.

If the problem appeared immediately after you updated the version of VR Sketch, you can try to go back to an older version by installing one from https://vrsketch.eu/download/ . If you do, please let us know the results.

I mean update the whole meta quest, the system updates, the VR seems updated.

By tilt i mean like glitch, moving slowly like stuck, with delays, i cant record it bc it happens with the mirroring only so i cant use the camera.

Does it occur only in VR Sketch, or also with other applications or games?

Only with VR Sketch :confused:

Try anyway to install an older version of VR Sketch on one of the Quests. Sometimes we had new issues show up in builds made with new versions of the tools that we use (notably, Unity and/or the Oculus Integration package). Can you check at least https://vrsketch.eu/download/baroquesoftware_vrsketch_v17.0.9_quest.apk ? It’s the last version before we did a major internal update and it was around for quite a while.

If it works fine, then you have at least a fallback solution (and we’ll have a starting point to investigate what is going on in more recent versions).

If it also doesn’t work, try 2 or 3 other versions? If no version of VR Sketch works with Chromecast, but other games work fine with Chromecast, then that would be strange… Are you sure the other games work now, after the Quest system update?

1 Like

I will try asap and i will let you know! thanks!

some updates, i tried to go back to the version you sent me, but unfortunately nothing changed, later trying other app to display SKP models i found out the same problem. Noted that only happens with medium to heavy models, with the light ones works perfectly, i managed to display the project with occulus casting instead of chrome cast and dont know, i will try again later with next updates, but in conclusion, i think its a Occulus problem. Thank you so much