VR Sketch Lite (viewer only)

I have more of my customers asking for their 3d model to be pre loaded on a Quest head set and included in the service we provide. Would it be possible to create a “VR Sketch Lite” that would not have any editing functions, and would allow me to preload 1 to 4 models only. Basically it would be a stripped down viewer only.

Hi Greg,

Interesting use case. As you probably know, you can upload any number of models to your cloud account, and then configure individual Quests to be given read-only access to these cloud models. But each of these Quests gets to see all the models in your account.

Maybe we could come up with a way to restrict what some Quests see? E.g. when you associate a Quest to your account on the web page (https://vrsketch.eu/cloud.html), you could optionally select a few models and say “only see these ones”. I think we should be able to implement that easily, on the web server only. Would that be enough for your use case?

[After association, running the VR Sketch program on the Quest shows the models (only the one you selected, in this case), and it downloads them the first time you view them. The 10 most recent downloaded models remain cached on the Quest afterwards and can be seen again later even if the Quest can no longer access the internet. This is already how it works, so it should be fine in your use case too.]