Vr walkthrough into models

Hi
It would be great to add the “visit” sketchup tool. It will allow viewers to make walkthrough instead to jumping from place to place with the “teleport” tool or making 90 degres rotation… In order to go through walls, doors or any obstacles we could any button to press simultaneously…
I hope you will be able to do it in the close future
best regards

Hey

The next version will have “scenes” menu where you can go through predefined scenes. Do you think this will suit your usecase?

Best,
Maciej Fijalkowski

The new version is now out. Try it out: the scenes are in the new dialog box (cog wheel, left of teleport). You can see here all the scenes that have been set up in SketchUp and go to them, but also add new scenes.

1 Like

Hi

I will try to explain why I am sending you this email. First let me tell you that I enjoy very much your plugin

There is just one extension in your plugin that i do not understand although I tried it. It is recording and playing a video

I do not see the purpose of this option. What is the purpose of recording the position of the viewer ? After having recorded a walkthrough jumping from one position the other with the teleport option I played what I recorded and I see thru my oculus rift glasses a little icon of the viewer moving just like I did during my walkthrough ……i would have expected to replay my walkthrough as the viewer not see this icon moving….like a 3d animation in film in virtual reality. This would have be great to be able to make 3d animation (not jumping from one place to the other like fixed image …) but fluid walkthrough that one can watch on a 2d screen but 3d animation that one can watch with 3d virtual reality glasses. I have already asked you this question but you did not understand my question…you said that you plugin provides this kind of extension….I suppose that this option need computation and precise track recording.

Best regards

Hi!

You’re talking about “play VR video” and “record VR video”, right? These are buttons in the “Advanced” section of the configuration dialog box in SketchUp. They are experimental and not meant to serve a specific purpose.

There is a separate tool in VR, the camera tool, which can be used to take photos or videos. It records regular 2d pictures or videos.

We don’t support anything with fluid walkthrough in VR, for the reason explained here: Teleport walkthroughs (and bug workaround)

We are also considering future options there. I’ve added a FAQ entry about that (not specifically about videos, but about non-teleported movements in VR). See the last question of https://vrsketch.eu/faqs.html.

Hi Arigo

Thank you for your answer. You are considering the option of this fluid walkthrough in the future. Thank you… !

That is right that it might be uncomfortable for some people but as you said it is a question of speed. You may experience this phenomenon in a virtual « toboggan » game . That’s right… but if you are making you own « walkthrough » this should not happen . It should not be a « runthrough » but a walkthrough ….

Best regards

Pierre Bonnet

I am sick very quickly even when movements are low-speed.

Some people have much higher tolerance than others.

Since version 12.0 we added a “Walking mode”. See updated answer here to the last question.